This module will introduce you to the roles and responsibilities of the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) and the core legislation involving medicines. Including:
- Who are the VMD?
- Why do we have the Veterinary Medicines Regulations (VMR)?
- Why is it important to understand the legislation?
This module covers how to safely and legally store, and use medicines within the practice. Including:
- How you should prescribe, supply and dispense medicines.
- Why it’s important to record and store medicines correctly.
- How to use the Prescribing Cascade.
- How to use, store and dispose of Controlled Drugs safely.
- An introduction to anthelmintic resistance.
- Why a collaborative approach is required for responsible antimicrobial use.
This module includes all the need-to-know facts about dispensary management within the practice. Including:
- How to run your dispensary safely and efficiently.
- How to reduce waste in the dispensary and be more sustainable.
- Who is a Suitably Qualified Person (SQP) and what is their role?
This module discusses errors that can occur in the dispensary, and the systems that can be put in place to help prevent them. Including:
- How to use Quality Improvement (QI) successfully in the dispensary.
- How to avoid errors in the dispensary.
This module can be accessed once you have completed the course and received a completion badge. This will allow you to leave feedback on the course, and access your CPD certificate.